Saturday, May 16, 2015

Black Soap #Team Natural

Today, my post is on naturals. Black soap, #dudu osun# as the Yoruba's call it.
Black soap is a locally produced soap in Nigeria, i think the Ghanaians have their own, but i ll be talking about the Nigerian version . it is made from cocoa pod ash and Shea butter,the westerns (the Yoruba) are known to produce this soap.

WHY I STARTED USING BLACK SOAP:
I started using black soap in secondary school, i just loved the fact that it foamed plenty and there is this freshness you feel when u bath with it,no special purpose for using it then, when your parents buy for you as part of toiletries to return to school.
      Later in life, as i grew older  i realised my facial skin was so sensitive, that i reacted to every little thing i used but my body is like that of a baby. My facial skin gave me so much concern that i had to find a way out, i finally settled for the black soap again.
One of my senior friends gave me one of hers to use, i tried it but, it was little harsh on my facial skin, but to be sincere, it had a positive effect on my skin, it was visible that my friends asked me what i was using, when i said black soap, they were like "sai the truth joor" but sincerely, its black soap.
Because, i didn't like the harshness on my face, i decided to mix mine to be very sure of the ingredients,like i said earlier, the raw is produced in the west, i got the raw form and did my mixture, those that know me well will agree that in recent times, my facial skin is doing great.am loving the journey of natural products.i gave a few friends that trusted my mixture and today, i have people spreading the good news.
   So i have people selling the soap, as they believe in the naturals.

MY MIXTURE :
I know some people are wondering, what are the mixtures, we have two types
a)the raw black soap, aloevera juice,honey, lemon juice, essential oil
b)the raw black soap,aloevera juice,lemongrass, essential oil
they both have preservatives, i used a broad spectrum preservative,if you have water based ingredients in your cosmetics mixture, you  need to preserve them from bacteria, yeast and fungi, which you may not see with your eyes and they are harmful, could cause you skin infections.

So, if you have sensitive skin like me, you can try the second mixture,the first mixture is perfect for those fighting acne and dark spots but they are both very good and healthy.

OTHER USES OF BLACK SOAP
.
1)Exfoliation
2)Hair shampoo, yes shampoo, it helps with itchy scalp
 
I hope this was helpful, if you have questions, drop in the comment box. or call 08078084443


1 comment: